Friday, September 16, 2011

What's Up With The Fake Glasses?

I was listening to my radio station a few minutes ago (89.1 FM, Knoxville, TN) when the evening host, Brant Hansen, questioned on the topic of fake nerd glasses. Personally, I love listening to him on the air because he's so... entertaining. Earlier he informed us of a shirt he got from Goodwill that had a Park Ranger patch on the arm. Apparently  he was told by his boss that the shirt was illegal or something because it could be "impersonating a law officer." To spare you from the thirty minute debate, turns out the shirt is perfectly legal when a law officer that was listening called in and told him it was fine. And now he's just provided us with the wondrous information that five out of ten husbands don't wear deodorant. And that if you don't wear it long enough, your body will adjust and not smell so bad, or something.      So that's what I listen to every day when I'm not at a violin or piano lesson, meeting, or a swim team practice.
     Currently, his topic is on the fake, plastic, nerd glasses that we have seen way too much of. "Why do people wear those?" He questions. Well, I don't really want to call in. But honestly, WHY? What's the POINT?
      The point is... nothing. Yep. Nothing. People wear them to look... cute? Nerdy? Intelligent? I want a pair. But I am the unlucky victim of glasses and I don't own a pair of contacts and probably wouldn't get a set to save my life. So those are currently out of the question. I have, mind you, bought two pairs of square, nerdy, sunglasses. They are always on top of my head and I like to slide them on at random occasions. I especially like my neon green ones with mirror lenses. My other pair is a pink situation with- you'll never guess- PLAID LENSES.
     So since I'm not a fake glasses wearer but a nerdy sunglasses wearer, I can provide you with my near-accurate opinion. First things first, I was introduced to these pieces of great fashion in my garage. I found an old pair on a shelf. And they were dusty. I became obsessed or something, because when we went to a water park a few weeks later I ran towards a stand and began- literally- drooling over these simple-minded wonders. That's how I got my green/neon yellow pair (And they're actually on my head as I type this!) So a week later, (Labor Day Weekend, FYI) I came with my friend (Actually 6 years and counting best friend) to the water park and bought those plaid things. I don't know where they are, actually. They're probably in my car somewhere but that's just a guess. The last time I saw them was before I left to go to Atlanta and I left them in the family van since we took my aunt's new car.
     Excuse me. I keep getting off topic. This is, in fact, my first blog post EVER. So, why, did I buy them? I LOVED THEM! They were HOT! I just LOVE the style, the frame! And, they're the only things that actually look good on my face besides rectangular rimless glasses. Anyways, besides the point. I just like the glasses! So, in reply to Brant's question, I say, PEOPLE JUST LIKE THEM! Actually, since I'm a glasses-wearer, I might just buy a pair and have my glasses place to add perscription lenses.

But, what do YOU think about them? Tell me in your comments below!



Top: LeighAnna in her neon green/yellow sunglasses
Bottom: LeighAnna in her pink plaid sunglasses

No comments:

Post a Comment